Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A List for Tuesday

Things I Learned Last Week:
  • You need to hold your sword with two hands. If you only hold it with one hand your sword will fall when your hand inevitably gets cut off and you'll lose your head or get chopped in half as you bend down to pick it up. (Nathanael told me this)
  • Roly-polies are really called doodle-bugs and they can swim. (Thank you, Lili)
  • Noah toots when he sleeps. He told me this as he got under the covers next to me.
  • Carlye reads at an amazingly fast speed, finishing about 5 books in the week that I was with her (and not easy books, either)
  • Dutch loves blackberries
  • Aunt Carianne will repeatedly forget that Dutch isn't supposed to have strawberries
  • Without enough sleep Dutch is not quite himself
  • Dutch is NOT afraid of the dark, as I once thought
  • There is no Mexican food as good as Texas Mexican food
  • The last name Poupart is pronounced Pow-pert and not Poop-art
  • Dutch trusts men in uniforms
  • Uncle Carl is funny to Dutch no matter what time of the day or night, no matter how upset he is about something else
  • Last, but not least, Dutch is the flirtiest boy in the world. He shows no prejudice. He'll flirt with you no matter what your age, gender, or preference for babies.

3 comments:

Cari said...

I never gave him peanut butter, though - that should count for something!

Heather said...

Uncle Carl is everyone's favorite not matter what. Both of my girls love him even when they are in the worst possible mood.

Bruce, Leigh, and Vinny said...

Actually a doodle bug is something used on gym floors when they are being refinished. If you don't believe me ask Chris, he was there.