Monday, June 15, 2009

Clickety Clack

Dutch loves noise. Even before he was born he loved loud explosions, music, and any sort of interesting sounds. All of his favorite toys make some sort of noise, or he uses them to make noise (like banging his plastic rings together). Lately he has learned to love the sound of me typing on my laptop. I do this quite often and he seems to enjoy it. Now we are coming to the problem that he wants to make the noise by himself. It goes something like this:

He'll crawl over to me. Pull himself up on my chair, so he's on his knees. Hang on to the chair with one hand and with the other he'll make a grab for the laptop, hitting as many keys as possible before I put a stop to it.

There's been a couple of times when I've been so enthralled by what I'm doing I haven't noticed Mr. Sneaky until he's clacking away! This is especially scary when I'm working on something important, like my thesis novel. A part of me likes to think he'll be a writer someday, since he's already in love with the sound of the keyboard.

No comments: