Friday, January 9, 2009

My Baby is (WAY) Bigger Than Your Baby

I'm foregoing Favorite Picture Friday because there is too much other stuff to talk about. First things first, we went to Dutch's 6-month doctor visit and A LOT happened. He weighs 19 pounds, 1 ounce, which is a little above average, but not a big deal. His head circumference is 44 centimeters, which is a little below average, but, again, not a big deal. His height, however, is off the charts huge! He is now 29 inches long! It looks like he's taking after Grandpa Greg, because he's grown 3 1/2 inches in the last two months! Dr. Shaver was pretty astounded by his rapid growth, as were Chris and I. He used to have these short stubby legs and now all of a sudden all of his pants are too short!

Because he's so long we have to buy him a new car seat, which is turning into more of a process than I would like. Chris wants the cheapest one (of course) and I want the one that we will be able to use for the longest amount of time. We also just bought him a highchair so that he can sit up like a big boy when he eats his cereal.

In other doctor news, we found out Dutch has an ear infection. It's only a small one (thank goodness), but it does explain why he's been pulling at his ear. He also had to get shots today :(, including his first flu shot. He was very unhappy with us and the nurse, but seems to be pretty happy now.

And while we're going through money like it's toilet paper, we also have to purchase a new printer, a cool mist humidifier to help with Dutch's cold, and one of those DTV converter boxes. I guess I know what Chris and I will be buying each other for our birthdays!

3 comments:

Hayden said...

That's what Brex weighed at 6 months- but he has always been a shorty. I do have to say you have the most adorable baby ever! Even Bryson thinks so. My favorite pics are of him taking a bath in the sick! Too cute! We are sad we missed you guys too. But I didn't think it would be too fun being sick up at the cabin-I'm not much fun. Oh- when we bought Brex his new carseat- Bryson wanted a cheap one too- but when we actually went shopping for one- he choose the most expensive one. $250. We called it his King Tut Throne. He was in it a good 18 months, before we moved to another one- now he is in a booster one- which is nice and easy! Good luck shopping!

Cari said...

He's following in Nathanael's foot steps! He was 25 lbs and was over 30 inches. Course, I guess that's Carl's fault - so it wouldn't really effect Dutch! Love you!

Heidi Noel said...

I won't go there, but Anneke was my shortest at 29 inches when she was 6 months.