Monday, November 26, 2012

Unplugging in December

This morning, after having spent a good portion of the night not sleeping, I came to a decision. I am going to "unplug" in December. Only my computer. I need my phone, obviously, and movies are a big part of the Christmas experience, so I won't be unplugging anything else.

I realized how much time I spent on my computer. A lot of time I'm not even doing anything, just burying my face in the screen and wasting time. Sure I do good things on my computer, but I think the "junk" has overtaken something fierce.

So, beginning December 1st, I am going to do all my writing by hand, not read my emails, not play Diablo III and stay away from Facebook, Hulu, and all those wonderful writing blogs I follow. I won't be posting here either, of course, but that really isn't much of a difference since I only post about once a week (if that).

There are two notable exceptions to this rule, however. I may have to use the computer at work, and I'm also working on a super-secret project/gift. I'm hoping to finish it before December, but that might not happen. Other than that I am staying away from all things computer-ish.

So if you need me call, write a letter, or drop on by! I'll be having fun with my boys, paying more attention to them than I have in a long time (possibly ever). I'll be trying my best to get that warm, glowing Christmas feeling. I'll be baking cookies and listening to Christmas music; decorating and wrapping. NOT multi-tasking, and NOT worrying about anything but my little family right here and right now.

If you need anything before then, you better let me know now!

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Heidi Noel said...

Way to go! I am planning on doing the same thing soon. I need my computer for my calling and such so I am trying to figure out ground rules before I jump in. Have fun!