Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Dutchie School Update

I was trying to take his picture and he
 kept getting closer to the camera until
he was right in front of me!

This last week Chris and Dutch and I went to a Parent/Teacher Conference with Dutch's teacher, Gretchen, and his Speech Language Pathologist, Allison. He is making progress in all the areas we've been focusing on, but he's still having trouble interacting with other kids. I'm trying to make friends with some of the women in the neighborhood who have kids Dutch's age. Hopefully a few extra play-dates at home will help his social skills. He's doing so well, in fact, that they wanted to have him come 3 days a week instead of just 2. That way he can progress even faster. That means next school year he'll go 4 days a week! I am excited for him to get to go to school more, but I'm also excited to have more time just Dane and me, and more time to myself. 

We also learned a few interesting things about Dutch:
1) He refuses to take his coat off at school. I think that's so funny because at home it's the first thing he wants to take off! I guess he's using it as his security blanket or something.
2) He's regressing as far as his potty training goes; he won't go to the bathroom without being bodily taken in there. Because of this he's had a few accidents at school, so we've gone back to Pull-Ups for now. I have to say that potty training is, by far, my least favorite thing about parenting.
3) Apparently he has a huge crush on his teachers Brittany and Julie. Sometimes he has trouble focusing in large group because he wants to play with Miss Brittany's hair!
4) Dutch is (still) the most polite kid in his class. He always says "please" and "thank you" and I'm so proud of him for that!
5) Lastly, they both said they all think he's so cute! That goes to show how smart they are because he IS so cute.

So crazy to have a pre-schooler, but we love him so much!

No comments: