Monday, September 26, 2011

Whatever You're On Up the Dosage

I have felt worse in the last week than I have in the entire year put together (and keep in mind I gave birth this year). Last Monday night I started feeling a little weird. My stomach hurt and I wasn't very hungry. For the next 24 hours I had to stay really close to the bathroom; even go up or down the stairs about did me in! It was awful! Still not sure if it was a bug or food poisoning. Either way, it sucked. I felt okay on Wednesday, but then Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and today I've either had a full-blown migraine or been fighting one. There's only been a few hours of reprieve where I haven't felt sick. On top of all this I've been exhausted lately, but unable to sleep (and not only because Dutch and Dane take turns getting up at night).

Anyway, I went to the doctor and... nothing is wrong. Seriously? He gave me a couple of prescriptions and said if things haven't improved in 2 weeks to go back in. I think I'm one of the only people in the world who hates being handed a pill to fix what's wrong. I especially hate getting prescriptions if there's no diagnosis.

Anyway, I just wanted to complain for a minute.

On a happier note I was awakened this morning by the sweetest toothless grin you've ever seen and Dutch slept in until 8. So the day started out in the best way possible!

2 comments:

Grandma Bailey said...

I don't think anyone wants to be handed a prescription unless there is a reason for it - and then there had better be a good one. I sure hope you aren't going down my path and allergic to your own hormones!

Heidi Noel said...

Your baby looks a lot like you. It is bizarre to see a male you.