Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A List for Tuesday

5 Things I Love About Autumn
(in no particular order)
1. Sweaters, scarves, boots; I prefer to cover the whiteness that summer and spring pressure me to uncover.
2. Being able to wear socks and shoes without sweating. I get SO hot if I wear socks in the summer.
3. The changing leaves look so beautiful, not only up close but far away. I love looking up at the mountains and seeing them spotted with red, orange, and yellow.
4. Having a nice cup of hot chocolate before bed; too hot to do that in the summer.
5. Chris and I were married in the fall, so the cooling weather brings back good memories.

4 Things I Hate About Autumn Because I Couldn't Think of 5
(in no particular order)
1. The weather changes so much that I can't set the thermostat. It's cold in the morning making me want to turn the heater on, but then it's hot at night so I want to put on all the fans.
2. It means we're just that much closer to winter. And I hate winter.
3. The cooling weather gives me a vague sense of panic because the year is almost over and what have I accomplished?
4. It's much too brief; especially in Utah.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love autumn too, for all those same reasons. My anniversary and my birthday are in autumn, so that just makes it extra fun:)

Cari said...

Autumn is my favorite time of year!

Just Julie said...

I would like to ditto this entire list.

Just Julie said...

Although I was not married in the Fall, so I guess I don't ditto the entire list.