Monday, September 19, 2011

Because My Sister is a Loser...

...and refuses to join Facebook, she has not seen the pictures of our house. I will post them here. Now you should know that these are the pictures that the previous owners took. The house isn't "together" enough yet for us to take pictures and post them. So consider these the "before" shots and stay tuned for the "after."

 This is the front of the house, obviously.
We've done a lot of work in the yard and it is starting to look REALLY good.

 This is the boys' room.
I love all the natural wood.

 This is our back door and the stairs down to the basement.
We have our "Casablanca" poster hanging where that big poster is.

 Our backyard.
See that bush right in the middle? 
Yeah, Chris mangled it pretty badly when he pruned it.
It might be dead.

 This is the basement bathroom.
This is where Chris likes to shower and get ready.

 Our family room.
The walls are a matte dark green.
I want to do some stencils over it in glossy paint to add a little something special.
I also want to paint the ceiling pink.
Chris says no, but he's at work all day...

 This is the other side of the family room.
We got to keep the TV.
I know, awesome, right?


 The kitchen.

 The kitchen looking into the dining room.

 The dining room.

 The living room.
We have our bookshelves lining that wall.

 The other side of the living room.

 Upstairs bathroom.

Master bedroom.
Okay, so this is the only room we painted.
It's now a light gray.
Also, their bed was HUGE and the room is not as small as it seems.

Okay, these are a few cursory pictures of the house. What do you think?

3 comments:

Grandma Bailey said...

Daddy and I so wish we had gone and taken a peak while we were there but you and Chris were still deciding whether you really wanted it when we left. We are very happy for you!

Heidi Noel said...

Excited to see it. I can't believe you own a home! You are still in high school in my head. (until I remember your kiddos.)

Cari said...

I love, love, love it! I also like all of the paint colors except for the master, so I'm glad you changed that one. I can't wait to see it!

Oh, and I am NOT a loser.

Loser.