Monday, June 20, 2011

Dutch is Going to Pre-School

Today I met with a few of the people at Dutch's school to talk about him going to pres-school in August. He was tested last month and they were meeting with me today to let me know the results and explain everything to me.

Turns out Dutch was in the bottom 4% or less for everything they tested him for (centered around his speech mostly). I had known his language was behind, but I didn't realize how far behind he actually was. It's been a very hard realization to deal with.

In better news, Dutch will start pre-school on the last Monday in August. He'll get to ride the bus, which I think he'll love. He'll start out going two days a week for 2 hours and 15 minutes each day (I think it's a really weird amount of time, but that's just me). That means Dane and I will get 4 and a half hours each week just the two of us. I think this will be really great.

3 comments:

Heather said...

It is hard when they are behind BUT you will be shocked how much preschool will help. Evie's language has improved by leaps and bounds thanks to preschool. She loved every minute of it and I loved the little break. Preschool will be so good for both you and Dutch. I am sure he will LOVE riding the bus. I can't wait to see pictures of his first day!

I am sooo looking forward to preschool in September. This year she will be there 3 days a week for 4 hours a day. I still not sure what to do with my extra day...

Tara Mogle said...

Preschool is awesome! You will see improvements in his speech but you will be shocked at just how much they learn and develop in lots of other ways as well....all in one short year of preschool.

Very excited for you and Dutch!

Morgan said...

I'm just now reading this- I've been a bit behind on reading blogs- but we noticed the biggest improvements in Brent once he started preschool!! You will be amazed at how he changes! Hooray!