Thursday, May 5, 2011

One Week Old

Today our little bundle of love is one week old. A lot has happened in a week! He lost his umbilical cord (which Chris was excited about because he thinks they're gross); he had his first pediatrician visit, and he had his first play-date with his cousin Thomas.

I'm sure a lot of you are wondering how Dutch is handling the new baby. The answer is: meh. He doesn't really care. Chris has had the week off and has been spending almost all his time with Dutch, so that might be why he doesn't care - he has Daddy all to himself! Every once in a while he'll want to hold the baby, but it usually lasts about 3 seconds. He likes to push Dane around in his stroller, but, then again, he just likes to push the stroller. Before he leaves or goes to bed he'll give the baby a kiss on the head, which is absolutely adorable.

Bo, on the other hand, is not handling the situation very well at all. He's begging for attention all the time and barking at nothing a little more often. Silly puppy is once again afraid that the introduction of a new baby will mean we love him less.

My mom has been here since Saturday and will be here until this Saturday. It's been really nice to have her around. I'll be sad to see her go. I wish, like I do every other day, that I had family living closer.

More pictures coming as soon as I find the cord to my camera. Until then you can go to my cousin Julianna's blog to look at the pictures of Dane and Thomas.

No comments: