Monday, November 15, 2010

15 Weeks and a Few Other Things

Yesterday the baby bump turned 15 weeks old!  I keep meaning to take a picture of the bump, but it never happens.  Thanks to the meds I'm on I'm actually gaining weight instead of losing it, which is a big relief.  I don't really have any cravings, but this baby definitely doesn't care for orange juice or most meats.  I'm already having trouble getting comfortable at night, but with Dutch coming to get in bed with us every night at about 2, I don't get much sleep anyway.

Speaking of Dutch, his behavior is getting impossible!  On top of never wanting to go to sleep (and coming to get in bed with us in the middle of the night, every single night), he throws tantrums all the time now, especially when we go out to eat anywhere.  I dread taking him anywhere by myself because I just don't have the energy to handle him.  He's started banging his head against the floor or the wall when he's angry, he even gave himself a black eye!  Right now he has a cold so he's actually a lot more mellow than normal.  I know he's miserable, but it makes me happy to know he'll be calm for the most part.

Chris and I are trying to figure out the next step for our living arrangements.  Our lease for the apartment is up in March and we need to move somewhere with more space.  Chris wants to buy a house, but I'm still not sure I want to live in Utah (I told him when we moved here he had 5 years to convince me I want to stay; I'm not convinced yet).  A house just seems like a big commitment and I don't want to rush into anything.  There's still some time, but it's one of those things we have to start thinking about.

Hopefully I'll get some new pictures up soon.  But I'm kind of pregnant, which is a synonym for lazy!

3 comments:

K.E.N said...

Umm...did I miss when you moved from PA? I thought you were still there. When did you move back to UT?

Cari said...

Hey, whenever you want me to come for a week or two and play Super Nanny let me know. Impossible two year olds are my specialty!

Katherine said...

Joseph has gotten even worse about sleeping, too. He wakes up multiple times per night crying for Mommy. We frequently have all 4 of us in our double bed. It's so squishy.