Monday, July 19, 2010

Potty Training: Day 1

Today was by far the easiest day we will have potty training.  All we did today was buy the supplies.  A toilet (see the picture below), training pants, and carpet cleaner (for any accidents that may occur).

We decided to just let Dutch get used to having the potty around.  We encouraged him to sit on it fully clothed and to take it with him wherever he went.  He took that to heart:
This is Dutch just before bedtime.  He wanted his potty to be in the bed with him.  Chris and I looked at each other, shrugged, and allowed it.  I just hope he doesn't use it as a step-stool to get out of bed!

Here are the rest of the "potty pics."


Tomorrow the real work begins!

1 comment:

JJthe1st said...

I promise that you will get through this and you will be living on the other end. My Sam was sooooooo much easier to train than my girls.Have patience and hang in there. Love you!