Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Dutch Turns 2!

Okay, okay, okay.  Dutch's birthday party was almost a week ago and he turned two on Sunday, so you think I would have blogged about either one of those things, right?  Well, I didn't.  I was waiting for Chris to help me upload the plethora of pictures I was sure he had taken (because I'd told him to).  There aren't very many.  There are NONE from his actual birthday and only a handful from his party, so this blog will not be picture heavy at all.  There is also not one picture that shows off his birthday party theme.

Start at the very beginning: Dutch had a Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel party, which is to say it was a construction party.  I bought a bunch of super-cute decorations.  Each of the kids got a plastic construction hat and a little orange Home Depot apron with their name on it.  They also each got a construction vehicle hot wheels of some sort.  It was a super-fun party and I think everyone had a really great time.

Here are a few pictures of Dutch to prove it.  I don't have any evidence of anyone else having fun, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

His shirt says:
"Dad's Little Firecracker"

Chris wearing one of the child-sized Home Depot aprons.

Dutch opening a present.
In this picture you can see Julie's legs, Bryson's legs, the back of Ashlyn's and Cambria's heads, Clarissa, and I think it's Hayden's shoulder.
So see, there WERE other people there!

3 comments:

Grandma Bailey said...

Whoa! When did Dutch grow up! Love the apron, Chris.

Jenn said...

What a cute kid and a fun party theme. Can you believe that you have a 2 year old? Time flies by too quickly. I absolutely love the picture of Chris in the apron!

Heidi Noel said...

Your baby is no longer a baby. He is so skinny! Where did the chub go?