Sunday, November 1, 2009

Stalling

We took lots of great pictures and video while we were in Utah. Unfortunately, I do not know how to put them on the computer. Chris has taught me a dozen or so times, but my brain does not store that particular information long-term, for some reason. Anyway, this blog is just stalling until I get the videos and pictures to properly show our trip in images.

Utah? You might be saying. I didn't know you were going to Utah! Nobody did, including us. A week ago Thursday Chris found out he had time off from school. A week, to be precise. Chris had the idea of going to Niagra Falls and the Sacred Grove, but we all remember what happened last time we tried to do that. No way was I going to tempt fate with a second trip. So I came up with what is possibly my most brilliant plan ever:

We would go to Utah and surprise everyone.

Zakky had just returned from a two-year stint in Argentina and was going to be talking about it on Sunday, so Saturday morning we left Bo in the capable hands of a neighbor and went on an all-out adventure to Utah.

As with any adventure there were bumps along the way. Dutch is enormously heavy and I was holding him in my sling. Not the most comfortable way to spend a day. We flew from Pittsburgh to Denver, from Denver to Utah. Somewhere between Pittsburgh and Denver my license and debit card fell out of my pocket. No one could find them. Luckily I noticed almost immediately and was able to cancel the card before any rogue charges could be made.

Eventually we made it to Utah where my friend Clarissa and her fiance Brian picked us up at the airport and took us to the Davis house. Again, we told no one (except Clarissa) that we were coming. We got to the house and Zak was outside with his friend Cody and both were incredibly shocked. Inside Greg and Josh were working on putting in a new back door so there was a huge hole in the wall where the door used to be. It took everyone a couple of seconds to register who we were, and Dutch was immediately scooped up by Grandpa Greg. Kellie came home a couple of hours later, when Dutch had acclimated nicely. She came in the door and just screamed in surprise. I think it took all week for the shock to wear off! :)

That's all for today, and I've only covered the first day of our trip. Tune in tomorrow to see the next installment of "Our Trip to Utah."


I'm grateful for: family, good friends, car-seats, grapes, pens

No comments: