Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day to my Dad

I probably should have ENDED this series of posts today, but instead I am starting them. This week I will write a post to the 3 most important Dad's in my life in honor of Father's Day. Today I will start with my own Daddy.

Probably one of my favorite pictures ever.

My dad is awesome. When I was a kid my dad was constantly coming up with fun things for us to do. Not to mention he made us lunches for school and breakfast every day (cinnamon toast was my favorite). My dad is a lefty and he's amazingly artistic. Every different kind of art he tries he excels in. My dad is the king of cheesy puns and jokes. He has ones that he's used for years, but people always laugh at them (even though I tell them to stop encouraging him).

My dad has always been super-supportive of my writing. He continued to buy me notebooks when I was a kid, even though I had about 50 of them. When Chris started applying to PA schools my dad asked the magic question, "But what are YOU going to do?" that led me to apply to Seton Hill's Writing Popular Fiction program. A decision that definitely changed my life.  

Daddy and I didn't always have the great relationship we have now. For a long time we were sort of stuck in the same relationship we'd had since I was 16. I don't know what changed or exactly when, but now we're very close. I try to call my parents at least once a week and I always love talking to my dad. I miss him when he's not around and I'm glad when he is.

Happy Father's Day to the best dad I could have asked for. I love you!

No comments: