Thursday, June 28, 2012

All Apologies (Or Not)

I always get annoyed when every time someone posts on their blog they start by apologizing that they don't post more. It's YOUR blog, you don't have to answer to anyone but yourself! With this in mind I realized I haven't blogged a lot lately and that makes me sad. I just feel like there isn't much to talk about. Then I stop and think about it and there is TONS to talk about.

I still can't find my camera cord so this will, once again, be a picture-less post.


  • Dane is walking and talking and becoming the definition of toddler. He seems SO small to me to be doing all of these things. I keep telling him to stay a baby. "Mama loves her Baby Dane and wants him to stay her Baby Dane."
  • Dutch has been talking up a storm lately. He's so much more verbal than he was even six months ago. Speech therapy and early-intervention pre-school have been the best things for him. I worry about him a lot. I'm afraid that because he'll be the biggest kid in his class when he starts "real" school people with think he's dumb. I don't want him to have any of that kind of negativity put in his head. I don't want him to wonder if they're right. I want him to be happy and healthy and confident.
  • Dane loves the sound of his name. He repeats it over and over again. I'm glad he has such an easy name to say!
  • Dutch has been trying so hard lately. To be a good big brother; to poop on the potty (no accidents yet!); to do things that make Mama happy. The other day he was yelling at me and being kind of mean and I told him it made me sad. He immediately came over and gave me a hug and told me "'S'okay, Mama. Ohhh. Don't be sad."
  • Dane's new favorite game is Touch the Dog. He will watch Bo from across the room and wait for him to fall asleep. Then he crawls/walks over to him and tries to pet him before Bo wakes up and moves. When Dutch was a baby Bo had eternal patience at being crawled all over. Now that he's a crotchety old man Dane is lucky to even pet him!
  • Dutch started his summer pre-school this week. He'll go three more weeks after this one. Two in July and one in August. It's fun for him and nice for Dane and I to have some time alone together. It's an all around good time for everyone!

2 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

Your boys are getting big! I don't like missing it.

Katherine said...

I just read this awesome book. It's called Discover Your Child's Learning Style. It talks about how everyone learns differently and if we don't learn in the traditional way we are labeled slow. Joseph is a kid that will probably be labeled ADD (I was), but he just learns more actively. I think you should read it. You will probably find tips to make Dutch's transition to pre-school and "real" school more easy. I own my copy if your library doesn't have one.

I love you!