Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A List for Tuesday

In our apartment complex there are a lot of people with dogs. I have a dog, but I'm not dog-crazy (emphasis on the crazy) like some of the people here.

5 Things About Dog Owners That Bug Me
1. They address all conversation to you through their dog. As in, "Can you say good morning? Can you say that we went to the pool today?" No, they can't.
2. A responsible pet owner cleans up after their pet. It's disgusting, however, to hold the bag under them and catch the poop as it comes out. You really can't just pick it up off the ground like a normal person? Gross!
3. There's a dirty old man here who has trained his dog to stop whenever a pretty girl goes by. I'm not sure how he did that, but every time I see him he is leering at a chick and using his dog as the excuse.
4. If the sign says to keep your dog on a leash then KEEP YOUR DOG ON A LEASH. It's not rocket science.
5. Before we had a baby Bo the Wonder Dog was our baby. There are people who take this too far, however. If you're taking your dog for a walk in a stroller then you're weird. And possibly crazy.

6 comments:

Cari said...

Especially a covered stroller with a seat belt. And a plastic window. Great exercise for the dog, though.

EKNC said...

Haha crazy dog people. I just don't understand it

Heather said...

Crazy doesn't begin to cover these people. I will admit to letting Delilah hop in the stroller with Evie during especially long walks (2 miles plus)BUT I would NEVER push her in a stroller along. What is the point in that??

I will forever be traumatized by your "Don't touch his privates" dog story.

Kittie said...

I love that you posted this and I agree with all of them. People are stupid with their pets!

Melodie Anne said...

For reals. Especially numbers 1, 4 and 5. I HATE, I HATE, I HATE people who don't keep their dog on a leash. Why? What earthly reason do they have for letting what is essentially a wild animal run around without a leash? I know they might me really good at home, but I don't give a rip about that when I'm getting chased around the parking lot holding my dog in the air because their crazy dog is off a leash.

Plus dogs are perfectly acceptable baby substitutes. Anyone who doesn't think so must have really crappy kids or something. But they can walk. Today I even saw a high chair for a dog. Gross!

Melodie Anne said...

P.s. I only didn't mention #2 specifically because I've never seen anyone do that. Not because think it's ok to do.