Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Heidi!

This is Carianne with Heidi because I couldn't find one of just me and Heidi.  Just pretend Carianne is me.

Today my sister Heidi turns 30!  Heidi and I have always been close (except that brief time in high school when I was way too cool for family).  I can talk to her about things I can't talk to anyone else about.  We talk on the phone at least every week and, when she lives close enough, I try to see her every few months.

When I tell other people about Heidi I always say she's the nicest person in the world, but you still like her.  If my parents had been inclined they could have often asked me "Why can't you be more like Heidi?"  Because we all saw Heidi as being the most perfect one in the family.  But, again, we didn't hate her for it.  She's just too nice for you not to love.

We had lots of bizarre adventures together, like the time we drove all the way to Richfield only to realize we'd forgotten our money.  And Christmas Eve Heather and Heidi and I would all sleep in Heidi's room (because hers was the only clean one).  We had a lot of the same friends and I didn't mind hanging out with Heidi, especially once we weren't at the same high school and I stopped feeling like everyone was comparing me to her.

Heidi's the only one who can make an open-face peanut butter and honey sandwich as good as my Omi could.  When I go to her house I stock up on snuggles, arm rubs, and back-scratching because I don't really get those at home.

I can call Heidi with the most random questions about a book or a movie or a quote from a movie or an actor from a movie and she can answer it immediately, even when Google couldn't!  We have a lot of the same tastes in books, movies and TV shows and we mail books back and forth all the time.

I love you so much, Sister, and I wish you lived closer so we could hang out more and Dutch could be spoiled by his cousins more often.  Happy birthday and I can't wait to see you.

1 comment:

Heidi Noel said...

This was a very special blog. It means a lot to me. I am so glad you are my sister.