Monday, June 28, 2010

Mini-Me

Today, since Dutch had taken an early nap, I decided we would spend the afternoon reading on our porch swing.  So I went and got my current book on writing (Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott) and sat on the swing.  Dutch came out and sat by me, saw me marking my book with a red pencil and ran back inside.

A few minutes later he came back out with one of my other writing books and a green pencil and began studiously marking passages in it.  When I would pause and put the pencil to my lips, so would he.  When I would put the pencil in my other hand, so would he.

It was a funny reminder that he sees and hears everything I do and I need to be a good example for him.  Although now I'm not sure now how I'll ever make him understand that we don't write in books... unless we're supposed to write in them.

No comments: