Saturday, February 27, 2010

Playing With Annie

This is my 450th post on my blog!  Wow!

Dutch and I have been spending the weekend with the Dittmars.  Annie and Dutch and I had a really fun day yesterday.  We went shopping to buy me a dress for my friend's wedding reception and we found a very cute black dress, as well as an adorable skirt for Annie.  Even Dutch got some new t-shirts.

While Dutch took a much-needed nap Annie and I watched "That Girl" episodes and talked about how awesome her clothes are.

Then, I was horrified to learn Annie had never read The Scarlet Pimpernel!  Now, if you haven't read this book it's one of my top 5 favorite books of all time.  So Annie and Dutch and I went to Barnes and Noble and I bought Annie a copy of The Scarlet Pimpernel, Dutch got Curious George and the Firefighters lap board book, I bought Haroun and the Sea of Stories for Aunt Marianne, and The Hunger Games for myself.

For dinner Annie and I got some Cafe Rio, yum yum!

Then, to end a wonderful day, Aunt Marianne and I watched the Leslie Howard version of The Scarlet Pimpernel movie.  It was a wonderful day and I'm glad I could spend time with my family!

No comments: