Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Kite Analogy

Note: Some of you who read this blog are not religious, but this particular blog post flows in a religious vein.

My little brother Zaque shared a really beautiful analogy in church last Sunday.  For those of you who know Zaque, you know he is rarely serious.  That makes what he said all the more beautiful, if you ask me.

We were discussing the Lord's commandments, but this analogy could go for rules and laws as well.  My brother-in-law said (and I'm quoting as best I can):

"Commandments are like the string of a kite.  You think the string is pulling the kite down, but if you cut the string the kite will fall.  The string holds the kite up."

Don't let your kite fall!

3 comments:

Heather said...

That is beautiful!

Annemarie said...

I love that, it is so true! People think living the gospel would hold them back, when actually it would keep them up.

JJthe1st said...

Kids are very wise.