Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Homely Housewife

Lately I have been rocking, absolutely rocking, the Homely Housewife Look.  What is the Homely Housewife Look?  I'm glad you asked.  It's when you have no make-up on, or better yet, days old make-up on.  Your undereyes are dark, showing off the fact you haven't slept in days.  Your clothing is mussed and slightly dirty, accentuating your horrible figure.  Your hair is limp and undone, if it's been washed it's frizzy and/or wet.  If it hasn't been washed it's sticking to your head in some places and sticking up at bizarre angles in others.  This is the type of look you sport only when you've given up all sense of femininity.  When you've allowed motherhood to turn you into an unrecognizable old lady.  Or when your husband is thousands of miles away.

Yessir, I've been totally rocking this look for the past few weeks.  And I see no need to stop until my husband comes home.  Pictures will not follow, because I'm too lazy to pull out the camera when I'm in Homely Housewife mode.

3 comments:

Melodie Anne said...

I rock that look until about 6:00 every day, and then hurry and get ready before Justin gets home. It does tend to make one feel less of a woman and more of a beanbag.

Just Julie said...

You were rockin' the Totally Hot Chick look on Saturday! Thanks for getting dressed up (and wearing that fabulous headband!) for Cat and me!

Katherine said...

I rock that look almost every day except Sunday. It's a combination of Joseph, laziness, and dissatisfaction with my looks. But my husband doesn't seem to care. He doesn't even usually notice if I'm wearing makeup. He thinks I'm always beautiful... such a silly man. ;)