Saturday, October 10, 2009

Dutch's Fifteen-Month Well-Baby Visit

A couple of days ago we went to our last pediatrician appointment while living in Pennsylvania. Can I just tell you how much I love Dutch's pediatrician, he has been there from day one and has always allayed my fears without discounting them. For instance, I was really concerned about the fact that Dutch is not walking yet. Dr. Shaver told me not to worry too much about it, but to bring Dutch back in next month if he's still not walking. Dutch's complete unwillingness to walk has had me concerned for awhile now, but I'm less concerned now that Dr. Shaver told me it's pretty normal. I'm really sad that we have to find a new pediatrician for Dutch's 18-month appointment in January.

Anyway, Dutch is almost 30 lbs now and 33 inches long. For weight and height he's in the 95+ percentile. His head circumference, however, is only in the 50 percentile. Which means he's a fat guy with a tiny head! Just kidding, sort of.

In other news, we have all received our flu shots. I kicked and screamed all the way to get mine, but Chris bought me some white roses for being a big girl. I hate needles more than just about anything else, and flu shots double-y so.

I'm grateful for: fabulous pediatricians, white roses, libraries, baby smiles, chicken noodle soup

No comments: