Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Our Little Family

At the persistent pestering of my sisters, Chris and I decided to start a Davis family blog. We named it after our chocolate lab. His name's Bo. He's blind.

We took him to the vet the other day and the vet told us that there's a chance that with extensive (and expensive) surgery Bo could be a seeing dog. "That's hopeful," he said. I had to restrain myself from punching him. He acted as if Bo was broken.

The thing is, Bo's been blind since before we knew him. An incident involving a shovel to the head when he was a year old left him that way. He's almost six now. He's happy, he's healthy, and he doesn't need to see to know how much he's loved.

I guess that incident gave me a new perspective. There are things that some people just can't understand. Like how a blind dog isn't broken.

3 comments:

Hayden said...

I'm so glad you got on board with the bloggin' craze! You are so cute! I miss you guys and Brex misses Bo! I can't wait to see you!

Heidi Noel said...

I love it. It made me cry. Bo is the best and doesn't need changing. Welcome aboard!
Love,
Noel

Cari said...

Yeah! I'm so excited to have a way to hear of your thoughts and opinions. I love you!