Thursday, May 8, 2008

My Worst Nightmare

I have my last deadline of the semester on Saturday. [For those of you who don't know, I'm pursuing my Master's in Writing Popular Fiction.] After I had finished editing, deleting, re-writing, and writing my next 30 pages I hit save - and disaster struck. Somehow (no, I don't know how) it DELETED my pages from both my jump drive and my computer. The file still existed, it was just blank. BLANK! After I went into the bedroom and hid under the covers for 15 minutes (with Bo snuggling against my feet) I decided to get over it and start again.

I had been working on those 30 pages for the last month and now I have to re-write what I had already re-written, this time only having two days. It's a daunting task that isn't done yet, but I've made great headway. Anyway, it was my worst writing nightmare come true, but now that it's happened it's not so bad. In the future I will not only save my work in two places, I'll print it off BEFORE I save it!

3 comments:

Heidi Noel said...

I am sorry. You are taking it quite well for a hormonal pregnant girl.

Cari said...

I could cry, and it didn't even happen to me! I love you, and I know that you can do it.

Chris & Clarissa Jensen said...

Pam I am sorry about your book. Computers are out to get me too. I am so excited about your blog and to see you this week! Call me. ~Clarissa