Sunday, February 3, 2013

First Date

10 years ago today Chris and I had our first date. It was after Family Home Evening at Snow College. Chris, being a  big spender, took me to the Malt Shop where he bought me a 25 cent ice cream cone. His friend Brandon tagged along and spent our time there talking about what an amazing feat of engineering an ice cream cone is.

Needless to say, with such an epic first date how could I not fall in love with this guy? 9 months later, to the day, we were married. And we've been trying to live happily ever after since.

2 comments:

Emilie said...

Awesome:) My first date with my hubby was lunch at Subway on Purdue's campus, which he asked me to over email, but by the time he got around to actually asking me, I'd already gone to lunch with my roommate, so he just bought me a bag of chips while he ate a sandwich. Ice-cream cones came were our second date. Annoying friends were somewhere around date 4, maybe?

Just Julie said...

I love this story, because it involves Snow College, ice cream, and you finding your husband. Three pretty great things if you ask me.