Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Over Eight Years Ago...

That's how long it's been since I had a job interview where I hadn't already been promised the job. My last job interview at all was five years ago. It's been awhile since I've been out in the workforce, I guess you could say.

Tomorrow I have an interview.

It's for a part-time job at a place where I feel like I could really be creative and use a lot of my artistic skills. I'm hoping to work nights so I can still be with the boys during the day. I'm nervous, but at the same time so confident that whatever happens will be for the best. That's an attitude I've been trying to cultivate lately.

Que sera, sera!

4 comments:

Grandma Bailey said...

You will be great.

Laura said...

First, a company won't call you in for an interview unless they are already interested. So the fact that you have an interview at all is a good sign. Secondly, I am quite confident that you interview well. You are an intelligent woman who is definitely more outgoing than I am. So what I am saying is that I am sure you will rock this! I am all for working nights and staying home with the boys during the day, that is what I do. It is sometimes hard because I don't get to see David as much as I would like, but I really don't want to put the boys in daycare, you never know what kind of care they are getting and it is insanely expensive. I know it works for a lot of families I just get nervous about it. So more power to you and good luck!

Just Julie said...

Ahhh!! So excited for this opportunity! Hope it went well!

Shelley said...

I'm super excited for you!!! I went back to work about a month ago but will finish up in the next two weeks. I love my kids but a little outside validation and money feels pretty good. It will be good for you. You deserve to have your talents appreciated (not just your abilities to clean, change diapers, and feed people;)).