Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A List for Tuesday

I have been re-reading my Jane Austen. After I finished Emma I decided to watch all the movie adaptations of it that I could find. There were only four. Here are lists about them.

Favorite Emma Movie Adaptations
(in order of preference)
1. Emma (2009) - the BBC mini-series version
2. Emma (1996) - the one with Gwyneth Paltrow
3. Clueless (1995) - the oh-so-90s version
4. Emma (1996) - made for TV version starring Kate Beckinsale

Favorite Portrayal of Emma
(in order of preference)
1. Gwyneth Paltrow
2. Romola Garai
3. Kate Beckinsale
4. Alicia Silverstone

Favorite Portrayal of Knightley
(in order of preference)
1. Johnny Lee Miller
2. Jeremy Northam
3. Paul Rudd
4. Mark Strong

Favorite line from the Emma movies: "It was badly done, Emma. Badly done indeed." (A version of this line is used in all three Emma movies, but not in Clueless.)

No comments: