Friday, February 17, 2012

A Woman's Place is Her Choice

I have friends who are anti-Mormon, anti-marriage, anti-motherhood, or a combination of the three. One of my mantras in life is "A woman's place is her choice." I say this all the time in response to questions about my faith and about my decisions to become a wife and mother. These were my choices and I am not ashamed of them. I don't regret them at all.

That is not to say that I don't sometimes have a crisis of self. Just last night I was telling Chris how boring I am. I'm home with two boys all day and I feel like that gives me a lot less to talk about. That I'm less interesting to a great majority of people. And Chris said the exact words that I needed to hear, "But it's important."

It is very important that my boys have me at their disposal 24 hours a day. It's important that they know that Chris and I love them. It's important that they get as much of my attention as they need. What I do is important.

And it's my choice.

1 comment:

Cari said...

It is important. And it can be such a hard choice for some one with your talents and gifts. But I know your boys will say thank you when they grow up. And their kids probably will, too. I love you! And I'm proud of you!