Thursday, February 9, 2012

Bargain Hunting at Target


Dutch has a pair of green frog boots (see above) that he loves more than anything. Given the choice between boots and shoes he always chooses his boots. He has already gone through two pairs of these in less than a year. Today I went to Target to buy him a new pair. To my immense pleasure I found that his favorite boots were on clearance for less than $4 a pair! Not even kidding! I bought him 2 pairs and then the minute I got home I wondered if I should have bought more. That's a ridiculously good deal, but there were too many what-if's. What if he doesn't like them for much longer? What if he grows out of them too fast (even though I bought them too big on purpose)? What if we put them somewhere and forget and don't find them until he's 15?

Also, for Dutch's birthday last year my sister Heather gave him a Super Dutchie outfit. There's a mask, a cape,and two arm-bands. This morning he put it on wearing nothing but his underwear. When we got dressed for the day he still wanted to wear it so I let him put his arm-bands and cape over his sweater. Then we went out in public with him dressed like that. I'm not sure if that makes me the world's most awesome mom or the world's worst!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Aunt Heather says it makes you the worlds most awesome Mom for sure!

Heidi Noel said...

Get some for Anneke or Luke or Mally. :)

(Dutch does have long enough hair for bows ya know.)

Cari said...

Awesomest for sure. My kids went out in Batman, Spiderman and Superman costumes ALL the time. Seriously, all the other kids were gel-ous! (I know it's jealous. Really, I do.)