Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Dane's 2-Month Well-Baby Visit; Dutch's 3-Year Doctor Appointment

We have a little guy on our hands! Here are a few statistics about our Sweet Baby Dane:

  • Weight: 11 lbs 3 oz; this puts him in the 50%
  • Length: 22 inches; this puts him in the 10%
  • Head circumference: 38 cm; this puts him in the 10%
  • He weighs more than Dutch did at this age, but has gained less weight, if that makes sense
  • He is shorter than Dutch was at this age too, but his head is the exact same size (Dutch has always had a small head)
  • Poor Dane had to get lots of vaccines yesterday. Luckily Chris was with me so I was able to leave the room. I can't handle getting shots and I hate for my boys too, but I know that vaccines are important and don't get me started on the idiots who don't vaccinate.
Now for our Dutch-Boy; my big three year old!
  • Weight: 44 lbs 4 oz; this puts him off-the-chart for his age-group
  • Height: 42 inches (we had to guess because he wouldn't let the nurse measure him); this puts him off-the-charts for his age-group
  • Basically our guy is the size of a 4- or 5-year-old
  • He, luckily, did not have to get any vaccines or shots today; which made me very happy
  • Dr Lash tentatively diagnosed him with something called Pervasive Developmental Disorder-Not Otherwise Specified (PDD-NOS); it just basically encompasses Dutch's speech difficulties and recognizes he has a few autism symptoms (lack of eye contact, awkward social behavior, etc.)
All in all our boys are doing really well and we feel lucky and blessed. The last few days have been a whirlwind of family fun and I will try to blog about it soon. For now I am going to sleep and recover! ;)

2 comments:

Cari said...

Aww - they are both so different and so cute! I love that Dane is so tiny! He will be your 'little one' until he catches up with big brother!

Melodie Anne said...

I'm always surprised that Dutch is soooo huge! How did YOU get such a big boy? Genetics is weird. Also, I agree about the idiot vaccination thing. I can't even start talking about it or I will get too mad.