Monday, December 2, 2013

An Ode to Heidi

My sister Heidi had her birthday yesterday and, because I love her, I am writing her an ode. I have only written odes to two other people, so she should feel really special and not mind at all that I forgot to mail her birthday card until today.

From Brown-Eyed Girl to Crimson and Clover,
We danced to oldies over and over.
When there's a quote to a movie that I just can't remember,
You're there to remind me from here 'til September.

Books and more books and suggestions galore,
Reading and re-reading until we fall into a snore.
My sister, I want you to know that you're awesome,
I'll say again, you're awesome like an opossum.


Happy birthday, Heidi! I love you bunches.


1 comment:

Heidi Noel said...

Yay! I loved it. Made me smile on this feeling stuffy day.