Sunday, August 19, 2012

Good Friends are Hard to Find

I've never been very good at keeping friends. I'm okay at making them, but if they're too much work then I just give up on them. Somehow, even with my selfishness and total lack of compassion for others, I have been lucky enough to have some of the best friends in the world. Here are just a couple of examples:

On Friday night my friend Julie and I went to see Roman Holiday at Pioneer Park downtown. The only thing that could make this awesome movie better is seeing it outside, with free popcorn, on a warm summer night with one of my favorite people. It also helped that Julie had never seen it before and it had been a long time since I'd seen it.

Gregory Peck is so dreamy. Just saying.

On Saturday my friend Jenel and I drove together to our monthly book club (which, despite my encouragement, still has not been named). I think my favorite part of the night was the ride there and back because I can talk to Jenel about pretty much anything and know that she doesn't judge. It's a nice feeling. Not to slight the girls at book club, however. Cat has been my friend for years now and I don't know what i would do without her!

Lastly, two of my friends from Seton Hill have been keeping an inside joke alive on Facebook and it made me smile. I graduated over 2 1/2 years ago, but I'm still close to the friends I made there.

So even though good friends are hard to find, I seem to have found quite a few without really trying. I'm one lucky chick.

6 comments:

Grandma Bailey said...

Those are usually the best kind. Love you

Heidi Noel said...

Bibliophile Babes; Ladies of Literature; Bookish Babes; anything? Just helping with the title.

Just Julie said...

Awww! I feel the same way about keeping friends!! Sometimes it IS SO much work, but you're awesome so it's worth it :) (And not really work at all, especially if we can span seven years and cross-country moves!)

Just Julie said...

Oh, and Jenel IS awesome.

Jenel said...

You guys are amazing! And Pam, I think you have good friends, because you are a good friend.

Shelley said...

I'm the very worst at keeping friends. The only ones I can keep are extremely low maintenance and fully cool with significant gaps in communication. And I only bother with those I really adore...thank goodness for you!!