Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Circle of Life and Blistered Fingers

Last night Chris and I went to go see "The Lion King" at Capitol Theater.  A big thanks to my mom-in-law for the tickets.  This was actually my second time seeing the production.  I saw it 5 years ago while I was in London.  The costuming, of course, is the big draw for the live-action show.  And they ARE amazing, but I still have a soft spot in my heart for the cartoon version.  The first time I saw it I was in love with Jonathan Taylor Thomas, who voiced Young Simba.  Chris really liked it and we had a great time.  It was fun to be able to "dissect" it afterward with Josh and Dawn too.  They went the same night as us, but were on the other side of the theatre.  Seeing the show also made us realize that Dutch has never seen "The Lion King" and that is ridiculous.

On a less happy note, today while I was making us lunch Dutch burned his fingers on the burner.  He did not mention this, and I did not see it happen, but I noticed him fussing a lot with his left hand.  When he finally (begrudgingly) showed me his thumb I was horrified by the blister on it!  I called everyone I could think of to figure out what to do.  My sister Carianne calmed me down and told me how to handle it.  Only after I got off the phone with her did I realize ALL his little fingers were blistered on the ends!

So I put some Burt's Bees Res-Q Ointment on his fingers (which he hated), gave him some grape-flavored Tylenol (which he loved), and now he is taking a nap (which I love).

No comments: